- 1 pound Savoy cabbage, chopped or shredded
- 1 large cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 2 cups small (1/2-inch) broccoli florets, blanched
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, blanched
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper; seeds and membranes removed then sliced
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 1 1/2 cups whole cashews
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- 1 recipe for dressing (below)
Ingredients for sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white or rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- To make the salad, toss cabbage, chicken, broccoli, peas, peppers, scallions, and cashews together, adding cilantro to taste, if using.
- To make the dressing, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, sugar, garlic, canola and sesame oils. Thoroughly combine.
- Slowly add dressing to salad to taste, adding kosher salt to taste, if desired.